Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal

Unit 1 Languages

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 1 Languages Empty Unit 1 Languages

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:37

UNIT 1 Languages
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

Caption To Break away from Moral According to Handful To Care Intolerance

If someone says that something is true ___________________ ____________a particular person, book, or other source of information, they are indicating where they got their information. He and his father, ___________ _ __ ____________ local gossip haven't been in touch for years.

A _________________is the words printed underneath a picture or cartoon which explain what it is about.
    The local paper featured me standing on a stepladder with a ______________, `Wendy climbs the ladder to success.' When someone ______________s a picture or cartoon, they put a caption under it.
    The Sun had ________________ed a picture of Princess Diana `Princess of Veils'.

A ____________ of people or things is a small number of them. He surveyed the_____________ of customers at the bar. If you say that someone, especially a child, is a _____________, you mean that they are difficult to control. (INFORMAL) These children can be a handful sometimes.

If you ____________ ________________ ________________ someone who is trying to hold you or catch you, you free yourself and run away. I __________ ____________ ____________him and rushed out into the hall.
    = cut loose

If you ______________ about something, you feel that it is important and are concerned about it.
    ...a company that ___________s about the environment. If you ______________ for someone, you feel a lot of affection for them. He wanted me to know that he still _____________d for me.
    If you do something with care, you give careful attention to it because you do not want to make any mistakes or cause any damage. We'd taken enormous______________ in choosing the location.
    You can use for all I ____________to emphasize that it does not matter at all to you what someone does.
    You can go right now for all I care. If you say that you couldn't _____________ less about someone or something, you are emphasizing that you are not interested in them or worried about them. In American English, you can also say that you could _______________ less, with the same meaning.
    I couldn't care less about the bloody woman. If someone sends you a letter or parcel ___________of a particular person or place, they send it to that person or place, and it is then passed on to you. In American English, you can also say in _____ of. Please write to me ____________ of the publishers.

____________s are principles and beliefs concerning right and wrong behaviour. ...Western ideas and ___________s...= ethics ______________ courage or duty is based on what you believe is right or acceptable, rather than on what the law says should be done. If you give someone____________support, you encourage them in what they are doing by expressing approval. Moral as well as financial support is what the West should provide.

___________________is unwillingness to let other people act in a different way or hold different opinions from you. ...his _________________ of any opinion other than his own. ...religious _______________.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 1:32