Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

Unit 8 Mi-na-wee

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 8 Mi-na-wee Empty Unit 8 Mi-na-wee

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:15

Unit 8 Mi-na-wee
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Sweep Sunset To Warn Humbug To Stage To Creep Prey

If you____________ someone about something such as a possible danger or problem, you tell them about it so that they are aware of it. Example: When I had my first baby friends _____________ed me that children were expensive.

If someone _____________s a play or other show, they organize and present a performance of it. Example: Maya Angelou first __________________d the play `And I Still Rise' in the late 1970s. A______________of an activity, process, or period is one part of it. Example:
    The way children talk about or express their feelings depends on their age and____________ of development. .= phase In a theatre, the _____________ is an area where actors or other entertainers perform.

If you _______________ an area of floor or ground, you push dirt or rubbish off it using a brush with a long handle. Example: The owner of the store was _________________ing his floor when I walked in. If you s______________ things off something, you push them off with a quick smooth movement of your arm. Example: I ___________ (past) rainwater off the flat top of a gravestone. If someone ______________s something bad or wrong under the carpet, or if they______________ it under the rug, they try to prevent people from hearing about it. Example: For a long time this problem has been ____________ (past) under the carpet.

When people or animals______________ somewhere, they move quietly and slowly. Example: The rabbit ________________s away and hides in a hole.

_____________________ is the time in the evening when the sun disappears out of sight from the sky. Example: The dance ends at _____________= dusk, sundown

If you describe someone's language or behaviour as _________________, you mean that it is dishonest or insincere. Example: There was all the usual ________________ and obligatory compliments from ministers.

A creature's __________________ are the creatures that it hunts and eats in order to live.
    These animals were the _____________ of hyenas. A creature that ____________s on other creatures lives by catching and eating them. Example: The effect was to disrupt the food chain, starving many animals and those that ______________ed on them. If something _____________s on your mind, you cannot stop thinking and worrying about it. Examples:
    The absence of children at Christmas _____________ed on Liz's mind. It was a misunderstanding. Herr Kettner was unwise and it _____________ed on his conscience.
    = weigh

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 4:52