Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Unit 2 I am who I am

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 2 I am who I am Empty Unit 2 I am who I am

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 16:46

Unit 2 I am who I am

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Blatant To Face To Buckle Conscious To Deal With Tearful

When you _______________ a belt or strap, you fasten it. Example: A door slammed in the house and a man came out __________ing his belt.
    If an object ___________s or if something ______________s it, it becomes bent as a result of very great heat or force. Example: The door was beginning to ________________ from the intense heat.

You use _____________ to describe something bad that is done in an open or very obvious way. Examples: Outsiders will continue to suffer the most __________ discrimination.
    ...a _________________ attempt to spread the blame for the fiasco...

If someone or something ______________s a particular thing, person, or direction, they are positioned opposite them or are looking in that direction. Examples: They stood ____________ing each other. The garden faces south. If you ___________ someone or something, you turn so that you are looking at them. Examples: She stood up from the table and ____________ed him. Stand up. ____________ the wall.
    If you ___________or are ___________d with something difficult or unpleasant, or if it _______________s you, it is going to affect you and you have to deal with it. Examples:
    The immense difficulties ___________cing European businessmen in Russia were only too evident. We are _____________d with a serious problem. You use the expression `let's _____________ it' when you are stating a fact or making a comment about something which you think the person you are talking to may find unpleasant or be unwilling to admit. Example: She was always attracted to younger men. But, let's ___________ it, who is not?

When you ____________ _____________ something or someone that needs attention, you give your attention to them, and often solve a problem or make a decision concerning them.
    Examples ...the way that building societies ____________ __________ complaints...
    In ____________ing ___________ suicidal youngsters, our aims should be clear.

If you are ______________ of something, you notice it or realize that it is happening. Example: She was very conscious of Max studying her. = aware
    If you are ______________ of something, you think about it a lot, especially because you are unhappy about it or because you think it is important. Example: I'm very ______________ of my weight.

If someone is ________________, their face or voice shows signs that they have been crying or that they want to cry. Examples: She became very ____________ when pressed to talk about it. ...a ________________ farewell.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 0:53