Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Unit 9 I have a dream

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 9 I have a dream Empty Unit 9 I have a dream

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:17

Unit 9 I have a dream
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Be Rooted Live Out Creed To Swelter To Engulf Crooked
    To Hew To Jangle To Heighten

A _____________ is a set of beliefs, principles, or opinions that strongly influence the way people live or work. (FORMAL) Example: ...their devotion to their ___________of self-help.= credo A ___________ is a religion. (FORMAL) Example: The centre is open to all, no matter what race or _____________ = religion

When objects strike against each other and make an unpleasant ringing noise, you can say that they __________or are ____________ed. Example: Jane took out her keys and ___________ed them.

If you ___________, you are very uncomfortable because the weather is extremely hot.
    Example: They _____________ed in temperatures rising to a hundred degrees.

If you say that one thing is _____________ in another, you mean that it is strongly influenced by it or has developed from it. Example: The crisis is _____________ in deep rivalries between the two groups.If someone has deeply ___________ opinions or feelings, they believe or feel something extremely strongly and are unlikely to change. Example:
    Racism is a deeply ______________ prejudice which has existed for thousands of years.

If you _________ __________ your life in a particular place or in particular circumstances, you stay in that place or in those circumstances until the end of your life or until the end of a particular period of your life. Example: Gein did not stand trial but ___________d out his days in a mental asylum. If you ________ _________ a dream or idea, you do the things that you have thought about. Example: He began _________ing __________ his rock `n' roll fantasy during his last year in law school.

If one thing _____________s another, it completely covers or hides it, often in a sudden and unexpected way. Example: A seven-year-old boy was found dead after a landslide ________________ed a block of flats.

If you describe something as ____________, especially something that is usually straight, you mean that it is bent or twisted. ...a _____________ed little tree. If you describe a person or an activity as ___________, you mean that they are dishonest or criminal. (INFORMAL). Example: ...a _____________ cop...

If you ___________ stone or wood, you cut it, for example with an axe. (OLD-FASHIONED)
    The past participle can be either hewed or hewn = chop

If something ______________s a feeling or if the feeling __________________s, the feeling increases in degree or intensity. Example: These latest murders have __________________ed fears of further attacks. = intensify

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 1:47