Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Unit 7 Maria's art

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 7 Maria's art Empty Unit 7 Maria's art

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:14

Unit 7 Marla’s art
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Within Oblivious According To Reclusive Sensitive Temperamental
    To Advise Easel Canvas Diaper To Beam Prodigy

If you are _________________ to other people's needs, problems, or feelings, you show understanding and awareness of them. Example: The classroom teacher must be ______________ to a child's needs.

If something is _______________ a place, area, or object, it is inside it or surrounded by it. (FORMAL) Example: Clients are entertained ________________ private dining rooms.
    = in, inside * outside Something that happens or exists ______________a society, organization, or system, happens or exists inside it. Example: The motives that attract people to work ______________ a social service are variable. If something is _____________ sight, ____________ earshot, or_____________reach, you can see it, hear it, or reach it.
    Example: Amy looked to see if there was anything ______________ reach that she could give him to ease the pain.

A _________________ person or animal lives alone and deliberately avoids the company of others. Example: A ________________ millionaire left his luxury home to the housekeeper he had hardly spoken to for 21 years.

If you are ________________ to something or oblivious of it, you are not aware of it.Example: She lay motionless where she was, _________________ to pain. * conscious
    _______________ly Example: Burke was asleep, sprawled _______________ly against the window. ______________ness Example: Her _________________ness of what was happening in Germany seems extraordinary. = ignorance

If someone says that something is true ______________ ____________ a particular person, book, or other source of information, they are indicating where they got their information.
    Example: Philip stayed at the hotel, _____________ __________ Mr Hemming.
    If something is done _____________ __________ a particular set of principles, these principles are used as a basis for the way it is done. Example: They both played the game ______________ ___________ the rules.

If you __________________ someone to do something, you tell them what you think they should do. Example: The minister ______________d him to leave as soon as possible.

If you say that someone is _________________ you are criticizing them for not being calm or quiet by nature, but having moods that change often and suddenly. Examples: He is very ________________ and critical. ...a man given to ___________________outbursts and paranoia.

An _____________ is a wooden frame that supports a picture which an artist is painting or drawing.

A _________________ is someone young who has a great natural ability for something such as music, mathematics, or sport. Example: The Russian tennis ________________ is well on the way to becoming the youngest world champion of all time.

___________________ is a strong, heavy cloth that is used for making things such as tents, sails, and bags. Example: ...a ______________ bag. A _______________ is a piece of canvas or similar material on which an oil painting can be done.

If you say that someone is ______________ing, you mean that they have a big smile on their face because they are happy, pleased, or proud about something. (WRITTEN) Example:
    Frances ________________ed at her friend with undisguised admiration. A _____________ is a line of energy, radiation, or particles sent in a particular direction. Examples: ...high-energy laser _____________s. ...a ________________ of neutrons. In gymnastics, the ________________ is a piece of equipment that consists of a narrow wooden bar on which gymnasts balance and perform movements.

A ________________ is a piece of soft towel or paper, which you fasten round a baby's bottom in order to soak up its urine and faeces. (AM; in BRIT use nappy) Example:
    He never changed her __________________s, never bathed her.

Moon River, wider than a mile,
    I'm crossing you in style some day.
    Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
    wherever you're going I'm going your way.
    Two drifters off to see the world.
    There's such a lot of world to see.
    We're after the same rainbow's end-- don't want to lose you, this good thing
    that I got 'cause if I do
    I will surely,
    surely lose a lot.
    'Cause your love is better
    than any love I know.
    It's like thunder and lightning,
    the way you love me is frightening.
    You better knock, knock on wood, baby.

I'm not superstitious about ya
    but I can't take no chance.
    I got me spinnin', baby,
    you know I'm in a trance.
    'Cause your love is better
    than any love I know.

It's no secret about it,
    that woman is my loving cup
    'cause she sees to it
    that I get enough.
    Just one touch from here,
    you know it means so much.

You better knock, knock, knock on wood ...
    waiting 'round the bend,
    my huckleberry friend,
    Moon River and me.

I've been workin' on a night train
    Drinkin' coffee takin' cocaine
    I'm out here on my night train
    Tryin' to get her safely home

Well in a little country station
    Somewhere out in the midwest
    I see the people out there waiting
    Heart beating in my chest

And I'm thinking 'bout a woman