Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal

Unit 2 Supermum

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 2 Supermum Empty Unit 2 Supermum

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 16:48

Unit 2 Supermum ?

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Share To Settle Oneself To Nod Wimpy Stiff To Squeal To Shriek
    To Thump To Tumble To Holler To Cower To Scare

If you ___________ you move your head downwards and upwards to show that you are answering `yes' to a question, or to show agreement, understanding, or approval. Example:
    David said nothing, but simply ____________d, as if understanding perfectly.
    Also a noun. Example: She gave a __________ and said, `I see'.

When someone _______________s, they make a short, very loud cry, for example because they are suddenly surprised, are in pain, or are laughing. Example: She __________d and leapt from the bed. Also a noun. Example: Sue let out a terrific ______________ and leapt out of the way.

If you _____________ something with another person, you both have it, use it, or occupy it. You can also say that two people ___________ something. Examples: ...the small income he had __________d with his brother from his father's estate...Two Americans will _____________ this year's Nobel Prize for Medicine .If you s__________ someone's opinion, you agree with them. Example: The forum's members ___________ his view that business can be a positive force for change in developing countries.

If someone or something _____________s, they make a long, high-pitched sound. Examples:
    Jennifer _____________d with delight and hugged me. The car's tires ___________d again as it sped around the corner.

If you __________ _______________ somewhere or ___________somewhere, you sit down or make yourself comfortable. Example: Jessica ___________d into her chair with a small sigh of relief.

If you describe a person or their behaviour as ____________, you disapprove of them because they are weak and seem to lack confidence or determination. Example: ...a ___________ unpopular schoolboy...

Something that is _____________ is firm or does not bend easily. Example: The furniture was _____________, uncomfortable, too delicate, and too neat. = rigid * flexible
    _______________can be used to mean difficult or severe. Example: Under Greece's __________________anti-drugs laws they could face twenty years in jail.

Unit 2 Supermum ?

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Share To Settle Oneself To Nod Wimpy Stiff To Squeal To Shriek
    To Thump To Tumble To Holler To Cower To Scare

If you want to emphasize that something _______________ you a lot, you can say that it ________________ the hell out of you or scares the life out of you. (INFORMAL). Examples: You're ________________ing me. What ________________s me most is that I'm going to end up not being married. A bomb ____________ or a security _______________ is a situation in which there is believed to be a bomb in a place. Examples: Despite many recent bomb ____________s, no one has yet been hurt....a security ______________ over a suspect package. = alert

If you ___________something, you hit it hard, usually with your fist. Example: He thumped my shoulder affectionately, nearly knocking me over. He felt a thump on his shoulder.

If you ______________, you bend forward and downwards because you are very frightened.
    Example: The hostages _______________d in their seats.

If someone or something __________________s somewhere, they fall there with a rolling or bouncing movement. Example: A small boy ______________d off a third floor fire escape.
    Also a noun. Example: He injured his ribs in a _______________ from his horse.

If you ____________, you shout loudly. (mainly AM, INFORMAL) Example: The audience whooped and __________________d.`Watch out!' he ______________d. In a minute he'll be __________________ing at me for coming in late.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 2:43