Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -45%
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go ...
Voir le deal
1099.99 €

Unit 2 Joe meetsd my parents

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 2 Joe meetsd my parents Empty Unit 2 Joe meetsd my parents

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 16:47

Unit 2 Joe meets my parents

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Barge To Snap To Blurt Out Curt(ly) To Demand To Glance

If someone __________________s something, they say it suddenly, after trying hard to keep quiet or to keep it secret. Example: `I was looking for Sally', he _____________d, and his eyes filled with tears. Synonyms: exclaim, disclose, let the cat out of the bag, reveal, spill the beans (informal), tell all, utter suddenly

If you ____________ into a place or ___________ through it, you rush or push into it in a rough and rude way. (INFORMAL). Examples: Students tried to ____________ into the secretariat buildings. The FBI ____________d through the gates, demanding to search the plant for evidence. = butt in If you _____________ into someone or ___________past them, you bump against them roughly and rudely. (INFORMAL). Examples: He would ____________ into them and kick them in the shins. He _________________d past her and sprang at Gillian, knocking her to the floor. = shove
    A ________________ is a long, narrow boat with a flat bottom. Barges are used for carrying heavy loads, especially on canals. Example: Carrying goods by train costs nearly three times more than carrying them by _____________. = canal boat

If you say describe someone as _____________ you mean that they speak or reply in a brief and rather rude way. Example: `The matter is closed,' was the ____________reply.
    = abrupt, brusque ________________ly `I'm leaving,' she said ____________ly.

If you ______________something such as information or action, you ask for it in a very forceful way. Example: The hijackers are _________________ing to speak to representatives of both governments.

If something ____________s or if you _____________ it, it breaks suddenly, usually with a sharp cracking noise. Examples: The brake pedal had just ________________d off.
    She gripped the pipe with both hands, trying to ______________ it in half.
    Also a noun. Example; Every minute or so I could hear a ____________, a crack and a crash as another tree went down. If you _____________your fingers, you make a sharp sound by moving your middle finger quickly across your thumb, for example in order to accompany music or to order someone to do something. Examples: She had millions of listeners ________________ing their fingers to her first single. He ___________ped his fingers, and Wilson produced a sheet of paper.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 3:50