Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Unit 7 The first round

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 7 The first round Empty Unit 7 The first round

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 14:06

UNIT 7 The first round
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Seed Resilient Grasshopper Dazzling To Tut To Convey To Grit To Loiter

Something that is ____________ is strong and not easily damaged by being hit, stretched, or squeezed.
    Cotton is more resistant to being squashed and polyester is more _______________.
    People and things that are ____________ are able to recover easily and quickly from unpleasant or damaging events. George Fraser was clearly a good soldier, calm and ____________.
    When the U.S. stock market collapsed in October 1987, the Japanese stock market was the most __________.

Something that is ___________ is very impressive or beautiful.He gave her a _________ smile. = stunning
    The view was ________________ly beautiful.

A ________________ is an insect with long back legs that jumps high into the air and makes a high, vibrating sound.

When a player or a team is ___________ed in a sports competition, they are ranked according to their ability. (TECHNICAL) In the UEFA Cup the top 16 sides are _________ed for the first round.
    The top four ______________ed nations are through to the semi-finals. = ranked
    Also ,in sports such as tennis or badminton, a_______________is a player who has been ranked according to his or her ability. (TECHNICAL) ...Pete Sampras, Wimbledon's top ___________ and the world No.1...
    In the final Capriati, the third ___________, defeated Katerina Maleeva.
    A __________is also the small, hard part of a plant from which a new plant grows...a packet of cabbage _________...

If you ______________ somewhere, you remain there or walk up and down without any real purpose.
    Unemployed young men _____________ at the entrance of the factory. = hang around

If you ___________, you make a sound with your tongue touching the top of your mouth when you want to indicate disapproval, annoyance, or sympathy. He ___________ed and shook his head.
    ______________is used in writing to represent the sound that you make with your tongue touching the top of your mouth when you want to indicate disapproval, annoyance, or sympathy.

To__________________ information or feelings means to cause them to be known or understood by someone.
    When I returned home, I tried to _____________ the wonder of this machine to my husband. = communicate
    To ____________ someone or something to a place means to carry or transport them there. (FORMAL)
    The railway company extended a branch line to Brightlingsea to ____________ fish direct to Billingsgate.
    = transport

If you ____________your teeth, you press your upper and lower teeth tightly together, usually because you are angry about something. `It is clear that my client has been less than frank with me,' said his lawyer, through __________________ted teeth. ________________ is very small pieces of stone. It is often put on roads in winter to make them less slippery. He felt tiny bits of __________ and sand peppering his knees.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 0:12