Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Unit 8 Updating history

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 8 Updating history Empty Unit 8 Updating history

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 18:43

UNIT 8 Updating history
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Update Aboriginal File To Release Brainwashed To Check To Remind Exhausted

________________ means belonging or relating to the Australian Aborigines. ......a protest over _________ land rights. The ________________ people or animals of a place are ones that have been there from the earliest known times or that were there before people or animals from other countries arrived.Most Canadians acknowledge that the_____________ people have had a rotten deal. = native, indigenous

A _____________ is a box or a folded piece of heavy paper or plastic in which letters or documents are kept.
    ...a ___________ of insurance papers. If you ________ a document, you put it in the correct file.
    They are all ____________ alphabetically under author.

If you _____________something, you make it more modern, usually by adding new parts to it or giving new information. He was back in the office ___________ing the work schedule on the computer.
    ...an ____________ed edition of the book. An _____________ is a news item containing the latest information about a particular situation. She had heard the news-flash on a TV channel's news __________.
    ...a weather __________. ...football results__________. If you __________someone on a situation, you tell them the latest developments in that situation. I would just _____________ them on any news we might have.

If you _________________ someone, you force them to believe something by continually telling them that it is true, and preventing them from thinking about it properly. I'd been _________________ed into believing I was worthless.

If someone _______________you of a fact or event that you already know about, they say something which makes you think about it So she simply welcomed him and ______________ed him of the last time they had met.

If a person or animal is _____________ from somewhere where they have been locked up or looked after, they are set free or allowed to go. He is expected to be ___________________from hospital today.
    To ________________ feelings or abilities means to allow them to be expressed. I personally don't want to _______________my anger on anyone else. Humour is wonderful for ____________ing tension.
    A new _______________ is a new record, video, or film that has just become available for people to buy or see. Of the new ______________s that are out there now, which do you think are really good?

If you _______________something such as a piece of information or a document, you make sure that it is correct or satisfactory. ____________the accuracy of everything in your CV. Also a noun.
    He is being constantly monitored with regular _____________s on his blood pressure.
    If you ___________ on someone or something, you make sure they are in a safe or satisfactory condition.
    He decided to ______________ on things at the warehouse. When you ____________your luggage at an airport, you give it to an official so that it can be taken on to your plane.We arrived at the airport,_____________ed our baggage and wandered around the gift shops.

If something ____________ you, it makes you so tired, either physically or mentally, that you have no energy left. She was too ______________ted and distressed to talk about the tragedy. = worn out
    It was an ___________ting schedule she had set herself. = gruelling

La date/heure actuelle est Jeu 9 Mai - 3:39