Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où ...
Voir le deal

Unit 2 Humour in contrast

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 2 Humour in contrast Empty Unit 2 Humour in contrast

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:44

UNIT 2 Humour in contrast
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

Dusk Draw up Stony Grim Gloom To Fit To Share Fluffy To Clutch To Cope with

If you ___________yourself ________, you make your back very straight. He __________ (past) himself _______ to his full height. If you __________ ________ a chair, you move it nearer to a person or place, for example so that you can watch something or join in with something. He ___________ (past) ___________ a chair and sat down. If you ____________ _________ a document, list, or plan, you prepare it and write it out.
    He wants his ministers to concentrate on implementing policy, not on __________ing it up.

____________ ground is rough and contains a lot of stones. ...a __________ track. = pebbly
    A ___________ expression or attitude does not show any sympathy or friendliness. She gave me the ________est look I ever got. = icy

______________ is the time just before night when the daylight has almost gone but when it is not completely dark.

A situation or piece of information that is ____________ is unpleasant, depressing, and difficult to accept.
    There was further_______________ economic news yesterday.

If something ____________ s, it is the right size and shape to go onto a person's body or onto a particular object. She has to go to the men's department to find trousers that ___________ at the waist.
    If something ____________s somewhere, it can be put there or is designed to be put there. ...a pocket computer which is small enough to ___________ into your pocket...

The ______________ is a state of near darkness. ...the _____________ of a foggy November morning...
    I was peering about me in the ______________.

If you ____________ ___________a problem or task, you deal with it successfully.
    It was amazing how my mother ___________ ed ___________ bringing up three children on less than three pounds a week.= manage

If you _______________something with another person, you both have it, use it, or occupy it. You can also say that two people ______________ something. ...the small income he had ___________ ed with his brother from his father's estate...

If you describe something such as a towel or a toy animal as ______________, you mean that it is very soft.
    It's a very ____________ kind of wool. = soft A cake or other food that is ____________ is very light because it has a lot of air in it.

If you _____________ at something or _____________something, you hold it tightly, usually because you are afraid or anxious. I staggered and had to _____________ at a chair for support.= grasp, grip
    If someone is in another person's ___________s, that person has captured them or has power over them.
    Tony fell into the ________________s of an attractive American who introduced him to drugs. = grasp
    In a vehicle, the ______________is the pedal that you press before you change gear. Laura let out the____
    and pulled slowly away down the drive.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 1:47