Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal

Unit 1 Pluggin' in

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 1 Pluggin' in Empty Unit 1 Pluggin' in

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:38

UNIT 1 Pluggin’ in
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Flip A Clue To Head for To be Up to Hang on To Jot down To Steer

If you are ______________ for a particular place, you are going towards that place. In American English, you can also say that you are headed for a particular place. He _____________ed for the bus stop.
    If you a have a ___________________ for something, you can deal with it easily. For example, if you have a head for figures, you can do arithmetic easily, and if you have a head for heights, you can climb to a great height without feeling afraid. I don't have a______________ for business.

If you __________ a device on or off, or if you ___________a switch, you turn it on or off by pressing the switch quickly. He didn't _____________ on the headlights until he was two blocks away.= flick
    If you ____________ through the pages of a book, for example, you quickly turn over the pages in order to find a particular one or to get an idea of the contents. He was __________ing through a magazine in the living room.
    If something __________s over, or if you __________ it over or into a different position, it moves or is moved into a different position. The plane then ___________ped over and burst into flames.
    If you _____________ something, especially a coin, you use your thumb to make it turn over and over, as it goes through the air. I pulled a coin from my pocket and ___________ped it.= toss Also a noun. ...having gambled all on the_____________ of a coin. If someone ____________s, they suddenly become extremely upset or angry because of something that has happened. (INFORMAL) He got so provoked that he _______ped.
    = snap If you say that someone is being __________, you disapprove of them because you think that what they are saying shows they are not being serious enough about something. ...a __________ answer... The tone of the book is sometimes too __________. = flippant, glib

When you ______________ a car, boat, or plane, you control it so that it goes in the direction that you want.
    What is it like to ___________ a ship this size?.

To be ______________ ________ something means to be secretly doing something that you should not be doing. (INFORMAL) Why did you need a room unless you _________ _________ to something?.
    They must have known what their father _________ __________ to.

A ______________ to a problem or mystery is something that helps you to find the answer to it.
    Geneticists in Canada have discovered a____________ to the puzzle of why our cells get old and die.
    A _____________is an object or piece of information that helps someone solve a crime. The vital ________ to the killer's identity was his nickname, Peanuts. If you haven't a _____________ about something, you do not know anything about it or you have no idea what to do about it. (INFORMAL) I haven't a _________ what I'll give Carl for his birthday next year.

If you ask someone to ____________ ___________, you ask them to wait or stop what they are doing or saying for a moment. (INFORMAL)Can you hang on for a minute?. = hold on If you ___________ __________
    you manage to survive, achieve success, or avoid failure in spite of great difficulties or opposition.
    Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to ______ ___.
    Manchester United ___________ (past) _________ to take the Cup.

If you _________ _________ something such as an address somewhere, you write it down so that you will remember it. Could you just __________ __________ his name on there.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 2:22