Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension Pokémon sera EV6.5 Fable ...
Voir le deal
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Unit 10 Space hotel 'USA'

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 10 Space hotel 'USA' Empty Unit 10 Space hotel 'USA'

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:21

Unit 10 Space hotel “USA”
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Marvel To Blast Off Tremendous To Bustle To Man To Link Up
    Glimpse To Yell To Flip Piffle Emergency To Reach Out

If you_____________ something such as a place or machine, you operate it or are in charge of it. Example: French soldiers ______________ned roadblocks in the capital city.The station is seldom ________________ned in the evening.

If you _______________ at something, you express your great surprise, wonder, or admiration. Examples: Sara and I read the story and _______________ed.
    `That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen,' ______________ed Carl.

When a space rocket ___________s _____________, it leaves the ground at the start of its journey.

If you ___________ ___________with someone, you join them for a particular purpose.
    Example: They __________ed ___________ with a series of local anti-nuclear and anti-apartheid groups. = join If one thing is ___________ed ___________ to another, the two things are connected to each other. Example: The television screens of the next century will be ___________ed ________ to an emerging world telecommunications grid. = connect

You use _______________ to emphasize how strong a feeling or quality is, or how large an amount is. (INFORMAL) Example: I felt a ______________ pressure on my chest.

If you ____________ a device on or off, or if you ____________ a switch, you turn it on or off by pressing the switch quickly. Examples: He didn't ____________ on the headlights until he was two blocks away. Then he walked out, ______________ping the lights off.
    If you __________________through the pages of a book, for example, you quickly turn over the pages in order to find a particular one or to get an idea of the contents. Example:
    He was _________________ping through a magazine in the living room. If you _____________something, especially a coin, you use your thumb to make it turn over and over, as it goes through the air. Example: I pulled a coin from my pocket and ________________ped it.

If someone _______________s somewhere, they move there in a hurried and determined way, often because they are very busy. Example: My mother_____________d around the kitchen. A place that is_____________ling with people or activity is full of people who are very busy or lively. Example: The sidewalks are ____________ing with people.

If you get a ______________ of someone or something, you see them very briefly and not very well. Example: Some of the fans had waited 24 hours outside the Hyde Park Hotel to catch a ______________ of their heroine.

If you _____________, you shout loudly, usually because you are excited, angry, or in pain.
    Example: I'm sorry I _______________d at you last night.

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Marvel To Blast Off Tremendous To Bustle To Man To Link Up
    Glimpse To Yell To Flip Piffle Emergency To Reach Out
    ___ __________ __________________ ______
    Means to attempt to communicate; "I try to ___________ ___________ to my daughter but she doesn't want to have anything to do with me"

Also means move forward or upward in order to touch; also in a metaphorical sense; "Government ___________ ______________ to the people"
    ___________ ___________ward in space; "The awning extends several feet over the sidewalk"

If you describe what someone says as _______________, you think that it is nonsense. (INFORMAL) Example: He talks such a load of ____________. = rubbish

An __________________ is an unexpected and difficult or dangerous situation, especially an accident, which happens suddenly and which requires quick action to deal with it. Examples:
    He deals with _________________es promptly. The hospital will cater only for ______________________es. An ____________________ action is one that is done or arranged quickly and not in the normal way, because an emergency has occurred. Examples
    The Prime Minister has called an ___________________ meeting of parliament. She made an __________________y appointment. _____________________ equipment or supplies are those intended for use in an emergency. Examples: The plane is carrying ________________supplies for refugees. They escaped through an __________________ exit and called the police.

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 4:52