Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Unit 3 Shopaholic

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 3 Shopaholic Empty Unit 3 Shopaholic

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 16:53

Unit 3 Shopaholic
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Scary To Clutter Jigsaw To Tot Up A Blur Cute Allergen Eyeliner
    Rough To Sort To Loathe To Yell To Focus Reagen

To ____________ ____________a total or a list of numbers means to add up several numbers in order to reach a total. (mainly BRIT) Examples: I finally sat down to__________ _________the full extent of my debt. Now ___________ __________ the points you've scored. = add up

A ______________ is a shape or area which you cannot see clearly because it has no distinct outline or because it is moving very fast. Example: Out of the corner of my eye I saw a _________________of movement on the other side of the glass. When a thing ______________s or when something ____________s it, you cannot see it clearly because its edges are no longer distinct. Example : This creates a spectrum of colours at the edges of objects which ______________s the image. ____________red ...visual disturbances like eye-strain and ________________red vision.

Something that is _______________ is rather frightening. (INFORMAL) Examples I think prison is going to be a ______________ thing for Harry. We watched ___________ movies.

________________ is a lot of things in an untidy state, especially things that are not useful or necessary. Example: Caroline prefers her worktops to be clear of _____________r. If things or people _____________ a place, they fill it in an untidy way. Example: Empty soft-drink cans lie everywhere. They ____________ the desks and are strewn across the floor.

A _______________ or ________________ puzzle is a picture on cardboard or wood that has been cut up into odd shapes. You have to make the picture again by putting the pieces together correctly. You can describe a complicated situation as a _______________. Example: ...the ________________ of high-level diplomacy.

If you _______________ things, you separate them into different classes, groups, or places, for example so that you can do different things with them. Example: He ____________d the materials into their folders.

Something or someone that is ____________ is very pretty or attractive, or is intended to appear pretty or attractive. (INFORMAL); Example: Oh, look at that dog! He's so ____________. If you describe someone as _______________, you mean that they deal with things cleverly. (AM) Example: The President, trying to be _____________, said his liberal arts education had not really prepared him for such complicated issues as this. = clever

________________ is a special kind of pencil which some women use on the edges of their eyelids next to their eyelashes in order to look more attractive.

If you ______________ something or someone, you dislike them very much. Example:
    The two men ______________ each other. = detest

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Scary To Clutter Jigsaw To Tot Up A Blur Cute Allergen Eyeliner
    Rough To Sort To Loathe To Yell To Focus Reagen

If a surface is _____________, it is uneven and not smooth. Example: Grace made her way slowly across the ______________ ground.* smooth You say that people or their actions are ___________ when they use too much force and not enough care or gentleness. Examples:
    Rugby's a ___________game at the best of times. They have complained of discrimination and occasional ____________ treatment. If you say that someone has had a ____________ time, you mean that they have had some difficult or unpleasant experiences. Example:
    All women have a __________ time in our society. = tough If you feel ___________ you feel ill. (BRIT, INFORMAL) Example: The virus won't go away and the lad is still feeling a bit _____________ = ill A______________ calculation or guess is approximately correct, but not exact. Example: We were only able to make a _____________estimate of how much fuel would be required. If you give someone a _____________dea, description, or drawing of something, you indicate only the most important features, without much detail. Example:
    I've got a ____________ idea of what he looks like.

If you _____________ you shout loudly, usually because you are excited, angry, or in pain.
    Example: I'm sorry I ____________d at you last night.

If you ______________ on a particular topic or if your attention is _______________ on it, you concentrate on it and think about it, discuss it, or deal with it, rather than dealing with other topics. ,Examples: The research effort has _______________sed on tracing the effects of growing levels of five compounds. He is currently _______________sing on assessment and development. The ______________ of something is the main topic or main thing that it is concerned with. Example: The UN's role in promoting peace is increasingly the _______________ of international attention.

_______________ is a substance that in some persons induces the hypersensitive state of allergy and stimulates the formation of reaginic antibodies. Allergens may be naturally occurring or of synthetic origin and include pollen, mold spores, dust, animal dander, insect debris, foods, blood serum, and drugs. Identification of allergens is made by studying both the site of symptoms

__________________also called homocytotropic antibody , or prausnitz-küstner antibody type of antibody found in the serum and skin of allergically hypersensitive persons and in smaller amounts in the serum of normally sensitive persons. Most reaginic antibodies are the immunoglobulin E (IgE) fraction in the blood. Reagins are easily destroyed by heating, do not pass the placental barrier (i.e., an allergic mother cannot passively make her child allergic)

La date/heure actuelle est Lun 20 Mai - 3:50