Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Unit 4 Guilty or innocent

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 4 Guilty or innocent Empty Unit 4 Guilty or innocent

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 14:01

UNIT 4 Guilty or innocent
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Click To be Suffused with A Witness To Stare Eyesight Evidence To Squeal

If something such as a book, film, or piece of music _____ ______________ ___________a quality, it is full of that quality. (FORMAL) This book _____ _____________ _____ Shaw's characteristic wry Irish humour. Also, If something, especially a colour or feeling, ______________s a person or thing, it gradually spreads over or through them. (LITERARY) A dull red flush __________sed Selby's face.

If something __________ or if you ___________ it, it makes a short, sharp sound. The applause rose to a crescendo and cameras ___________ed. He __________ed off the radio.Also a noun.
    The telephone rang three times before I heard a __________and then her recorded voice.
    If you ___________ on an area of a computer screen, you point the cursor at that area and press one of the buttons on the mouse in order to make something happen. (COMPUTING) I _____________ on a link and recent reviews of the production came up. Also a noun. You can check your email with a __________of your mouse. Also, If you __________ with someone, you like each other and become friendly as soon as you meet. You can also say that two people __________. (INFORMAL). They _________ed immediately. They loved the same things.

A _____________ to an event such as an accident or crime is a person who saw it. ___________es to the crash say they saw an explosion just before the disaster. = eye-witness

Your _______________ is your ability to see. He suffered from poor _____________t and could no longer read properly.

If you _____________ at someone or something, you look at them for a long time. She _______ed at him in disbelief, shaking her head. Also a noun. She gave him a long, cold _________.
    If a situation or the answer to a problem is _____________ing you in the face, it is very obvious, although you may not be immediately aware of it. (INFORMAL) Then the answer hit me. It had been ___________ing me in the face ever since .

If someone or something ________________s, they make a long, high-pitched sound.
    Jennifer _______________ed with delight and hugged me. The car's tires ____________ed again as it sped around the corner. = screech, squawk Also a noun. At that moment there was a ___________ of brakes and the angry blowing of a car horn.

_________________ is anything that you see, experience, read, or are told that causes you to believe that something is true or has really happened. To date there is no _____________ to support this theory;
    If you give ____________ in a court of law or an official enquiry, you officially say what you know about people or events, or describe an occasion at which you were present. If a particular feeling, ability, or attitude is _____________ed by something or someone, it is seen or felt. (FORMAL)
    He's wise in other ways too, as ____________ed by his reason for switching from tennis to golf.

La date/heure actuelle est Dim 19 Mai - 21:01