Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où ...
Voir le deal

Unit 4 Crime of passion

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 4 Crime of passion Empty Unit 4 Crime of passion

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 14:00

UNIT 4 Crime of passion
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

Passion Precinct Patch Whom To Whisper To Mutter To Slip out (into)

A _________________on a surface is a part of it which is different in appearance from the area around it.
    ...the bald ___________ on the top of his head... There was a small ____________ of blue in the grey clouds.
    A ______________ is a small piece of material which you wear to cover an injured eye.
    She went to the hospital and found him lying down with a ___________ over his eye.

________________ is strong sexual feelings towards someone. ...my ___________ for a dark-haired, slender boy named James. = desire
    _______________is also a very strong feeling about something or a strong belief in something.
    He spoke with great ________ = feeling. Also ,if you have a _________for something, you have a very strong interest in it and like it very much. His other great__________ was Italy.

A shopping _______________ is an area in the centre of a town in which cars are not allowed. (BRIT)
    The Centre was a pedestrian _______________ with a bandstand in the middle. = shopping centre
    A _______________ is also a part of a city which has its own police force and fire service. (AM)
    The ________________s of an institution are its buildings and land. (FORMAL)
    No one carrying arms is allowed within the _________________s of a temple.

When you _______________, you say something very quietly, using your breath rather than your throat, so that only one person can hear you. `Keep your voice down,' I _____________red. Also a noun. I've heard a ____________ that the Bishop intends to leave. = rumour

If you ____________, you speak very quietly so that you cannot easily be heard, often because you are complaining about something. `God knows,' she muttered, `what's happening in that madman's mind.'.
    = mumble Also a noun. They make no more than a ___________ of protest.

____________is used in formal or written English instead of `who' when it is the object of a verb or preposition. You use in questions when you ask about the name or identity of a person or group of people.
    `I want to send a telegram.' `Fine, to __________?'. ___________did he expect to answer his phone?.
    `You're too sensitive.`n`Too sensitive for __________?'
    You use ____________ after certain words, especially verbs and adjectives, to introduce a clause where you talk about the name or identity of a person or a group of people. He asked ____________ I'd told about his having been away. You use _____________at the beginning of a relative clause when specifying the person or group of people you are talking about or when giving more information about them.One writer in ___________ I had taken an interest was Immanuel Velikovsky.

If you __________ _______or _________ of clothes or shoes, you put them on or take them off quickly and easily. She slipped ______t of the jacket and tossed it on the couch. Also a noun
    A __________ is a small or unimportant mistake. We must be well prepared, there must be no _________s.

La date/heure actuelle est Dim 19 Mai - 19:54