Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
Voir le deal

Small and big puzzles Unit 9 Why do cats purr ?

jeanlouis
    Admin

Small and big puzzles Unit 9 Why do cats purr ? Empty Small and big puzzles Unit 9 Why do cats purr ?

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 23:59

Small and big puzzles Unit 9 Why do cats purr ?
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Purr To Decipher Injury Riddle To Improve To Heal To Require

When a cat ___________s, it makes a low vibrating sound with its throat because it is contented. Example : The plump ginger kitten had settled comfortably in her arms and was ___________ring enthusiastically. When the engine of a machine such as a car __________s, it is working and making a quiet, continuous, vibrating sound. Example :The Rolls Royce ____________red down the country road Also a noun. Example : Carmela heard the__________ of a motor-cycle coming up the drive.

If you _____________a piece of writing or a message, you work out what it says, even though it is very difficult to read or understand. Example :I'm still no closer to ________________ring the code.

If something __________s or if you __________ it, it gets better. Example: Time won't improve the situation. If a skill you have __________s or you __________a skill, you get better at it. Example: Their French has _____________ed enormously.

When a broken bone or other injury ___________s, it becomes healthy and normal again.
    Example : Within six weeks the bruising had gone, but it was six months before it all ___________ed. If you _________something such as a rift or a wound, or if it ________s, the situation is put right so that people are friendly or happy again. Examples :Today Sophie and her sister have __________ed the family rift and visit their family every weekend. The psychological effects on the United States were immense and in Washington the wounds have still not fully ___________ed.

An ____________ is damage done to a person's or an animal's body. Example :Four police officers sustained serious _____________es in the explosion.

A _____________ is a puzzle or joke in which you ask a question that seems to be nonsense but which has a clever or amusing answer. You can describe something as a ___________ if people have been trying to understand or explain it but have not been able to. Example:
    Scientists claimed yesterday to have solved the __________ of the birth of the Universe.
    = mystery, puzzle Riddles
    This is a word which rhymes with cat, It goes on your head because it's a ____.
    I'm useful for journeys when you're going far, I need lots of petrol because I'm a ____.
    You'll find us near ponds or sitting on logs, We jump and we croak because we are _____.
    This is a word which rhymes with up. You can drink out of me because I'm a ____.
    This is a word which rhymes with bake, I’m nice to eat because I'm a ______.
    This is a word which rhymes with spoon, I shine at night because I'm the______.
    A never-ending circle, a bright shiny thing, It’s on my fourth finger because it's a _____.

If you ___________ something or if something is ___________ you need it or it is necessary.
    Example :If you ___________ further information, you should consult the registrar. = need
    If a law or rule ______________s you to do something, you have to do it. Examples: The rules also __________ employers to provide safety training. The law now ___________s that parents serve on the committees that plan and evaluate school programs. Then he'll know exactly what's ____________ed of him.

La date/heure actuelle est Dim 19 Mai - 20:38