Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Unit 5 Boy meets girl

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 5 Boy meets girl Empty Unit 5 Boy meets girl

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 18:32

UNIT 5 Boy meets girls
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

Sense Hairnet To Tease To Extol To Deny To Roam Wittingly Marriage

A _____________ is a small net that some women wear over their hair in order to keep it tidy.

If you ____________something or someone, you praise them enthusiastically. Now experts are___________ling the virtues of the humble potato. They kept _______________ ling my managerial skills.

Your ______________s are the physical abilities of sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste.
    She stared at him again, unable to believe the evidence of her ______________s.
    If you ____________ something, you become aware of it or you realize it, although it is not very obvious.
    She probably ___________sed that I wasn't telling her the whole story. If something makes _________, you can understand it. It all makes ____________ now. If you say that someone has come to their ___________s or has been brought to their ____________s, you mean that they have stopped being foolish and are being sensible again. Eventually the world will come to its ____________s and get rid of them.
    If you say that someone talks ___________, you mean that what they say is sensible.

If you do something ________________, you are fully aware of what you are doing and what its consequences will be. (FORMAL) When she had an affair with her friend's husband, she _____________ set off a chain of crises. * unwittingly

To ________________ someone means to laugh at them or make jokes about them in order to embarrass, annoy, or upset them. `You must be expecting a young man,' she _________ed. Also a noun.
    Calling her by her real name had always been one of his _________s.

If you ___________an area or _____________ around it, you wander or travel around it without having a particular purpose. Barefoot children ___________ ed the streets. = wander

When you _____________ something, you state that it is not true. She ____________ ed both accusations.
    = repudiate * admit If you deny someone something that they need or want, you refuse to let them have it.
    If he is unlucky, he may find that his ex-partner _____________es him access to his children. = refuse

A ____________ is the relationship between a husband and wife.
    In a good_______________, both husband and wife work hard to solve any problems that arise.
    When I was 35 my_____________ broke up. _____________might not suit you.

La date/heure actuelle est Dim 19 Mai - 21:41