Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
Voir le deal

Folder 6 It’s a wonderful internet

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder 6 It’s a wonderful internet Empty Folder 6 It’s a wonderful internet

Message  jeanlouis Dim 29 Aoû - 17:13

Folder 6 It’s a wonderful internet
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Dismay To Frown Scorn DSL Buddy To Hang Out To Whisper

To Show Up Blink To Yell To Curse

A ________________ ____________________ _____________________modem is a device used to connect a computer or router to a telephone circuit that has ____________________ ____________________ _______________service configured. Like other modems, it is a type of transceiver. It is also called a DSL Transceiver or ATU-R (for ADSL Transceiver Unit-Remote). The acronym NTBBA, which stands for network termination broad band adapter, is also common in some countries.

If you ____________ ____________ clothes that you have washed, you hang them on a clothes line to dry. Example: I was worried I wouldn't be able to __________ my washing ______________The form hung is used as the past tense and past participle. If you _______________ _____________in a particular place or area, you go and stay there for no particular reason, or spend a lot of time there. (mainly AM, INFORMAL) Example: I often used to _____________ ____________ in supermarkets.

_________________ is a strong feeling of fear, worry, or sadness that is caused by something unpleasant and unexpected. (FORMAL) Example: Lucy discovered to her ________________ that she was pregnant.If you are _______________ed by something, it makes you feel afraid, worried, or sad. (FORMAL) Example: He was _____________yed at the cynicism of the youngsters.
    A _______________ is a close friend, usually a male friend of a man. (mainly AM).= pal

When someone ________________s, their eyebrows become drawn together, because they are annoyed, worried, or puzzled, or because they are concentrating. Example: Nancy shook her head, _________________ing. Also a noun. There was a deep _____________ on the boy's face.

If you treat someone or something with _____________, you show contempt for them.
    Example: Franklin shared the family's _______________ for his wife's new friends.
    = contempt, disrespect

When you _________________, you say something very quietly, using your breath rather than your throat, so that only one person can hear you. Example: `Keep your voice down,' I __________________ed. Also a noun. Men were talking in _________________s in every office.

If something ____________s ___________ it can be clearly seen or noticed. Example:
    You may have some strange disease that may not _________________ ___________for 10 or 15 years.

Folder 6 It’s a wonderful interndt
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Dismay To Frown Scorn DSL Buddy To Hang Out To Whisper

To Recall To Show Up Blink To Yell To Curse To Whine

If you _______________, you use rude or offensive language, usually because you are angry about something. (WRITTEN) Example: I ______________ed and hobbled to my feet.
    = swear Also a noun. He shot her an angry look and a _______________.If you say that there is a ___________ on someone, you mean that there seems to be a supernatural power causing unpleasant things to happen to them. Example: Maybe there is a _____________ on my family.You can refer to something that causes a great deal of trouble or harm as a ____________. Example: Apathy is the long-standing ______________ of British local democracy. = plague

When you _____________ or when you ________________ your eyes, you shut your eyes and very quickly open them again. Example: Kathryn ____________ed and forced a smile.
    Also a noun. He kept giving quick _______________s. When a light ____________s, it flashes on and off. Example: Green and yellow lights _____________ed on the surface of the harbour. If you say that something happens in the____________ of an eye, you mean that it happens very quickly. Example: It was all over in the ____________ _________ __________ __________

If you ___________, you shout loudly, usually because you are excited, angry, or in pain. Example: I'm sorry I ____________ed at you last night.

If something or someone _________________s, they make a long, high-pitched noise, especially one which sounds sad or unpleasant. Examples: He could hear her dog barking and ________________ing in the background. The engines ______________ned.Also a noun.
    ...the ________________ of air-raid sirens.
    If you say that someone is always ranting and ________________, you mean that they are complaining in an annoying way about something unimportant. Example: They come to me to _____________ and __ ______________ about their troubles. = moan

When you ________________something, you remember it and tell others about it. Example:
    Henderson __________________ed that he first met Pollard during a business trip to Washington. If a company _______________s a product, it asks the shops or the people who have bought that product to return it because there is something wrong with it. Example:
    The company said it was __________________ing one of its drugs and had stopped selling two others.