Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Folder 6

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder 6 Empty Folder 6

Message  jeanlouis Ven 19 Juin - 18:31

Folder 6 “I Can Quit Anytime!”
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Cocky Articulate Reckless Mischief Probation Wreck Pregnant AIDS
    Guilt To Let Down Outcast Failure

________________is a period of time during which a person who has committed a crime has to obey the law and be supervised by a probation officer, rather than being sent to prison.
    Example: A young woman admitted three theft charges and was put on ________________ for two years.

A _______________ is something such as a ship, car, plane, or building which has been destroyed, usually in an accident. Example: the ____________of a sailing ship...

Someone who is ____________ is so confident and sure of their abilities that they annoy other people. (INFORMAL). Example: He was a little bit ___________ when he was about 11 because he was winning everything.

If you describe someone as ______________, you mean that they are able to express their thoughts and ideas easily and well. Example: The child was unable to offer an _________________ description of what she had witnessed.

If a woman or female animal is_____________, she has a baby or babies developing in her body. Example: Tina was _______________with their first daughter.

____________ is a disease which destroys the natural system of protection that the body has against other diseases. ______________ is an abbreviation for `acquired immune deficiency syndrome'.

If you say that someone is ______________ you mean that they act in a way which shows that they do not care about danger or the effect their behaviour will have on other people.
    Example: She loved to ride; on horseback, she was ___________--- and utterly without fear.

_______________is behaviour that is intended to cause trouble for people. It can also refer to the trouble that is caused. Example: The more sinister explanation is that he is about to make _______________ in the Middle East again.

Folder 6 “I Can Quit Anytime!”
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Cocky Articulate Reckless Mischief Probation Wreck Pregnant AIDS
    Guilt To Let Down Outcast Failure

An ___________ is someone who is not accepted by a group of people or by society. Examples: He had always been an __________, unwanted and alone.All of us felt like social _______________s. = pariah

_______________is an unhappy feeling that you have because you have done something wrong or think that you have done something wrong. Example: Her emotions had ranged from anger to ______________in the space of a few seconds.

___________________ is a lack of success in doing or achieving something, especially in relation to a particular activity. Example: This policy is doomed to _____________* success
    If you say that someone is a _______________, you mean that they have not succeeded in a particular activity, or that they are unsuccessful at everything they do. Examples: Elgar received many honors and much acclaim and yet he often considered himself a _____________ I just felt I had been a _____________ in my personal life.
    Researchers found an almost total crop _______________ and a severe shortage of drinking water. If you say that someone has a ________________of a particular quality or ability, you mean that they do not have enough of it. Examples: There is, too, a simple ______________ of imagination. He remained on his knees for a long time afterwards, ashamed by his ____________________e of nerve.

If you ____________ someone ___________ you disappoint them, by not doing something that you have said you will do or that they expected you to do. Example: Don't worry, Xiao, I won't _________ you ____________. If something __________s you ____________, it is the reason you are not as successful as you could have been. Example: Many believe it was his shyness and insecurity which __________him _____________.If you __________ ___________something such as a tyre, you allow air to escape from it. (mainly BRIT). Example: I ________ the tyres __________ on his car. Remove wheelnuts, __________ __________tyre, put on spare = deflate