Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Folder 3 The rain

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder  3 The rain Empty Folder 3 The rain

Message  jeanlouis Dim 29 Aoû - 17:05

Folder 3 The rain
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Nibble To Sneak To Share To Soak To Nod Landslide

If you _______________ something or leave it to _______________, you put it into a liquid and leave it there. Example: _______________ the beans for 2 hours. If a liquid _____________s through something, it passes through it. Examples :There was so much blood it had _____________ed through my boxer shorts. Rain had _____________ed into the sand.

If you _____________________ something with another person, you both have it, use it, or occupy it. You can also say that two people _________________ something. Example:
    ...the small income he had _______________d with his brother from his father's estate...
    A company's _________________s are the many equal parts into which its ownership is divided. Shares can be bought by people as an investment. Example: This is why Sir Colin Marshall, British Airways' chairman, has been so keen to buy _____________s in US-AIR.

If you _________________ food, you eat it by biting very small pieces of it, for example because you are not very hungry. Example: He started to ______________his biscuit.
    Also a noun. We each took a ______________.

If you _______________ somewhere, you go there very quietly on foot, trying to avoid being seen or heard. Example : Sometimes he would ____________ out of his house late at night to be with me. Don't _________________ away and hide.
    If you ________________ a look at someone or something, you secretly have a quick look at them. Example: You ______________a look at your watch to see how long you've got to wait. The form snuck is also used in American English for the past tense and past participle.
    = steal

If you _________________ you move your head downwards and upwards to show that you are answering `yes' to a question, or to show agreement, understanding, or approval. Example `Are you okay?' I asked. She __________ded and smiled. Also a noun. Example : She gave a ___________ and said, `I see'.

A _________________ is a victory in an election in which a person or political party gets far more votes or seats than their opponents. Example : He won last month's presidential election by a landslide A ________________is also a large amount of earth and rocks falling down a cliff or the side of a mountain. Example: The storm caused ________________s and flooding in Savona.