Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

Folder 2 “I would do it all again

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder 2  “I would do it all again  Empty Folder 2 “I would do it all again

Message  jeanlouis Dim 29 Aoû - 17:04

Folder 2 “I would do it all again “
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Browse Through Wherever To Stare Homesick To Challenge To Enlighten

To Sample Thrilling

You use __________________ to indicate that something happens or is true in any place or situation. Example ; Some people enjoy themselves ____________________they are.
    You use ____________________ when you indicate that you do not know where a person or place is. Example : I'd like to leave as soon as possible and join my children, __________________ they are.

If you __________________ at someone or something, you look at them for a long time. Example: Ben continued to _______________e out the window. Also a noun.
    If a situation or the answer to a problem is ________________ing you in the face, it is very obvious, although you may not be immediately aware of it. (INFORMAL) Example:
    Then the answer hit me. It had been __________________ing me in the face ever since Lullington.

If you _________________ ________________ a book or magazine, you look through it in a fairly casual way. Examples: ...sitting on the sofa _______________ _______________ the TV pages of the paper... There are plenty of biographies for him to _______________ over.
    If you _________________ in a shop, you look at things in a fairly casual way, in the hope that you might find something you like. Example : I stopped in several bookstores to _______________.Also a noun. Example: ...a _____________ around the shops.
    If you _______________ on a computer, you search for information in computer files or on the Internet, especially on the World Wide Web. Try _______________ing around in the network bulletin boards.

If you are ________________, you feel unhappy because you are away from home and are missing your family, friends, and home very much. Example: She's feeling a little_________________ ___________________ness . Example: There were inevitable bouts of __________________________

If you ________________ someone, you invite them to fight or compete with you in some way. Example: Marsyas thought he could play the flute better than Apollo and _________________ed the god to a contest.If someone rises to the __________________, they act in response to a difficult situation which is new to them and are successful. Example:
    They rose to the _____________________ of entertaining 80 schoolchildren for an afternoon.

Folder 2 “I would do it all again “
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Browse Through Wherever To Stare Homesick To Challenge To Enlighten

To Ride Sari Eye-opener To Sample Thrilling

To ____________________ someone means to give them more knowledge and greater understanding about something. (FORMAL) Example: A few dedicated doctors have fought for years to __________________ the profession. _____________________ing Example :
    A representative from Shaldon Wildlife Trust gave an ______________________ing talk on the work done at the animal park.

If you __________________a place or situation, you experience it for a short time in order to find out about it. Example: ...the chance to ________________ a different way of life. = try
    A _____________________of a substance or product is a small quantity of it that shows you what it is like. Example : You'll receive _______________s of paint, curtains and upholstery. A ______________ of a substance is a small amount of it that is examined and analysed scientifically. Examples : They took ________________s of my blood. ...urine __________________s. = specimen If you _________________ food or drink, you taste a small amount of it in order to find out if you like it. Example : We _________________ed a selection of different bottled waters.= taste

Something that is __________________ is very exciting and enjoyable. Example: Our wildlife trips offer a ___________________ encounter with wildlife in its natural state = exciting

When you _______________ in a vehicle such as a car, you travel in it. Example: He prefers travelling on the Tube to _______________ing in a limousine. A ________________ is a journey on a horse or bicycle, or in a vehicle. Example: She took some friends for a ______________ in the family car.

A __________________is a piece of clothing worn especially by Indian women. It consists of a long piece of thin material that is wrapped around the body.

If you describe something as an ______________-_________________, you mean that it surprises you and that you learn something new from it. (INFORMAL) Examples:
    This summer's tour was an _______________-________________ for her. For the first time ever, the halls were not fully booked. Writing these scripts has been quite an _______________-_______________________ to me. It proves that one can do anything if the need is urgent.= revelation