Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Folder 2

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder 2 Empty Folder 2

Message  jeanlouis Ven 19 Juin - 18:28

Folder 2 My Name Is Not Esther
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Rug To Swallow To Glance To Scare To Scrape Plait To Sweep Around
    To Gasp To Stare Shabby To Hug

If you _____________ something, you cause it to go from your mouth down into your stomach. Example: You are asked to _____________ a capsule containing vitamin B.
    Also a noun. Jan lifted her glass and took a quick ____________.
    If you ____________your feelings, you do not express them, although you want to very much. Example: Gordon has ______________ed the anger he felt. = stifle
    A ______________ is a kind of small bird with pointed wings and a forked tail.

If you want to emphasize that something ___________es you a lot, you can say that it _________s the hell out of you or_______________s the life out of you. (INFORMAL) Examples: You're ____________ing me. What ______________s me most is that I'm going to end up not being married.

A ____________ is a piece of thick material that you put on a floor. It is like a carpet but covers a smaller area. Example: A Persian ___________ covered the hardwood floors.
    A ____________ is also a small blanket which you use to cover your shoulders or your knees to keep them warm. (mainly BRIT) Examples: The old lady was seated in her chair at the window, a __________over her knees. a travel __________.If someone pulls the ________ from under a person or thing or pulls the ___________ from under someone's feet, they stop giving their help or support. Example: If the banks opt to pull the _________ from under the ill-fated project, it will go into liquidation.

If you _____________ at something or someone, you look at them very quickly and then look away again immediately. Example: He ___________ed at his watch. I ____________ed back.
    If you ______________ through or at a newspaper, report, or book, you spend a short time looking at it without reading it very carefully. Example: I picked up the phone book and _______________ed through it. If you see something at a _____________, you see or recognize it immediately, and without having to think or look carefully. Example One could tell at a ______________ that she was a compassionate person.

If you _______________ something from a surface, you remove it, especially by pulling a sharp object over the surface. Example: She went round the car scraping the frost off the windows. If something _____________s against something else, it rubs against it, making a noise or causing slight damage. Example: The only sound is that of knives and forks scraping against china. Also a noun. Example : From the other side of the door came the ______________ of a guard's boot .If you ______________ a part of your body, you accidentally rub it against something hard and rough, and damage it slightly. Example:
    She stumbled and fell, ___________ing her palms and knees .If you are in a __________, you are in a difficult situation which you have caused yourself. (OLD-FASHIONED)
    Example: We got into terrible scrapes= fix

CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    Rug To Swallow To Glance To Scare To Scrape Plait To Sweep Around
    To Gasp To Stare Shabby To Hug

_________________ things or places look old and in bad condition. Examples His clothes were old and _______________ He walked past her into a tiny, _____________ room.
    = scruffy

If you _________________ three or more lengths of hair, rope, or other material together, you twist them over and under each other to make one thick length. (mainly BRIT; in AM usually use braid) Example: Joanna parted her hair, and then began to ____________ it into two thick braids.= braid A ___________ is a length of hair that has been plaited (mainly BRIT; in AM usually use braid)

If lights or someone's eyes ____________ ___________ an area, they move across the area from side to side. (mainly WRITTEN) Examples: Helicopters with searchlights ____________ _________ (past) the park which was sealed off. Her gaze______________s rapidly ____________the room.

When you _____________ you take a short quick breath through your mouth, especially when you are surprised, shocked, or in pain. Example: She __________ed for air and drew in a lungful of water.

If you _____________ at someone or something, you look at them for a long time. Example:
    Tamara _____________red at him in disbelief, shaking her head. Also a noun. Example:
    Hlasek gave him a long, cold ____________.If a situation or the answer to a problem is ____________ing you in the face, it is very obvious, although you may not be immediately aware of it. (INFORMAL) Then the answer hit me. It had been _____________ing me in the face ever since Lullington.

When you _______________someone, you put your arms around them and hold them tightly, for example because you like them or are pleased to see them. You can also say that two people ____________ each other or that they _____________ Examples. She had __________ged him exuberantly and invited him to dinner the next day. They _____________ged each other like a couple of lost children.= embrace Also a noun.She leapt out of the back seat, and gave him a _______________.