Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -55%
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – ...
Voir le deal
21.99 €

Folder 8

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder 8 Empty Folder 8

Message  jeanlouis Ven 19 Juin - 18:33

Folder 8 Douglas Kennedy
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    To Berate To Titter Crimson To Whisper To Lighten Insubordinate
    Babble Wall-to-wall

If you ______________ someone, you speak to them angrily about something they have done wrong. (FORMAL) Example: Marion ______________d Joe for the noise he made. = chide

___________-_______-______________ things or people exist in a continuous supply or in large amounts . Examples: It was one of those clubs with __________-___-__________ men and lots of heavy dance music
    If someone _____________s, they talk in a confused or excited way. Example: Momma ____________d on and on about how he was ruining me. You can refer to people's voices as a ______________ of sound when they are excited and confused, preventing you from understanding what they are saying. Example Kemp knocked loudly so as to be heard above the high ___________ of voices. = hubbub, babel

If someone __________s, they give a short nervous laugh, especially when they are embarrassed about something. Example: Mention sex therapy and most people will ___________ in embarrassment.= giggle, snigger Also a noun. Example: Mollie gave an uneasy little __________

.Something that is _____________ is deep red in colour. Example: a mass of ___________ flowers.If a person goes ___________, their face becomes red because they are angry or embarrassed. Example: I used to refuse invitations to parties because I knew I'd go ______________every time someone talked to me.

When you ____________, you say something very quietly, using your breath rather than your throat, so that only one person can hear you. Example: `Keep your voice down,' I ______________red. Also a noun. Men were talking in ______________s in every office.

When something _____________s or when you ___________ it, it becomes less dark in colour. Example: The sky began to ___________ * darken If someone _______________s a situation, they make it less serious or less boring. Example: Anthony felt the need to __________________the atmosphere.

If you say that someone is _________________, you mean that they do not obey someone of higher rank. (FORMAL) Example: In industry, a worker who is grossly _________________ is threatened with discharge.