Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension Pokémon sera EV6.5 Fable ...
Voir le deal

Folder 2

jeanlouis
    Admin

Folder 2 Empty Folder 2

Message  jeanlouis Ven 19 Juin - 18:27

Folder 2 Written Exam File
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW
    On Account Of To Settle To Attend Posh To Be Confident
    To Earn To Help Out To Play Truant

You use __________ _______________ __________ to introduce the reason or explanation for something. Example: The President declined to deliver the speech himself, ______ ___________________ ___________ a sore throat. = because of

If you describe something as ____________ you mean that it is smart, fashionable, and expensive. (INFORMAL) Examples: Celebrating a promotion, I took her to a _________ hotel for a cocktail. A ____________ dinner party. If you describe a person as __________ you mean that they belong to or behave as if they belong to the upper classes. (INFORMAL)
    Example: I wouldn't have thought she had such _________ friends.

If a pupil ___________s ___________, he or she stays away from school without permission.
    Example: She was getting into trouble over ___________ing ___________ from school.
    A _____________is a pupil who stays away from school without permission.

When people s___________a place or in a place, or when a government ____________s them there, they start living there permanently. Example: He visited Paris and eventually ____________ed there.

If you______________a meeting or other event, you are present at it. Example: The meeting will be ______________ed by finance ministers from many countries.

If you are ______________ about something, you are certain that it will happen in the way you want it to. Example: I am _______________that everything will come out right in time.

If you __________money, you receive money in return for work that you do. Example: Charlie was __________ning eight pounds, I was earning five.

If you ___________someone ________ you help them by doing some work for them or by lending them some money. Example: I __________ _________ with the secretarial work.