Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go /1 To
1099.99 € 1999.99 €
Voir le deal

Unit 8 Far and away

jeanlouis
    Admin

Unit 8 Far and away Empty Unit 8 Far and away

Message  jeanlouis Sam 6 Sep - 17:52

UNIT 8 Far and away
    CHOOSE THE BEST WORD OR EXPRESSION TO MATCH THE DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS GIVEN BELOW

To Plan To Gaze To Manage to Reluctant To be Bound to To be Crammed with

If you _____________ at someone or something, you look steadily at them for a long time, for example because you find them attractive or interesting, or because you are thinking about something else.
    .. _____________ing at herself in the mirror...= stare You can talk about someone's ____________as a way of describing how they are looking at something, especially when they are looking steadily at it. (WRITTEN) The interior was shielded from the curious ____________ of passers-by.If someone or something is in the public ______________, they are receiving a lot of attention from the general public.You won't find a couple more in the public _____________ than Michael and Lizzie.

If you_____________what you are going to do, you decide in detail what you are going to do, and you intend to do it. I had been____________ a trip to the West Coast. If you have ___________s, you are intending to do a particular thing. The Bonn government is making____________s to evacuate more than two hundred of its citizens from the troubled area.= arrangements When you ___________something that you are going to make, build, or create, you decide what the main parts of it will be and do a drawing of how it should be made.
    It is no use trying to__________ an 18-hole golf course on a 120-acre site if you have to ruin the environment to do it.= design, think out

If you are _______________ to do something, you are unwilling to do it and hesitate before doing it, or do it slowly and without enthusiasm. The police are very ______________ to get involved in this sort of thing.
    * eager, keen, willing We have ________________ly agreed to let him go. Ministers have shown extreme _______________ce to explain their position to the media.

If you ___________________ to do something, especially something difficult, you succeed in doing it.
    Somehow, he'd ____________ed to persuade Kay to buy one for him. Within two years he was _____________ing the store.= run If you _____________, you succeed in coping with a difficult situation.
    She had _____________ed perfectly well without medication for three years. = cope
    You say `I can _____________' or `I'll _________________' as a way of refusing someone's offer of help and insisting on doing something by yourself.I know you mean well, but I can_________________ by myself.

If a place is______________ __________things or people, it is full of them, so that there is hardly room for anything or anyone else.The house is ____________ ___________ priceless furniture and works of art.
    Living in a divided city _______________ ______________ foreign soldiers is not a matter we joke about.
    = bursting, packed If people or things are ________________ into a place or vehicle, it is full of them.
    Between two and three thousand refugees were ______________ed into the church buildings. = packed

If you say that something is _____________ __________happen or be true, you feel confident and certain of it, although you have no definite knowledge or evidence. (SPOKEN) I'll show it to him. He's _____________ to know. If a vehicle or person is __________________ for a particular place, they are travelling towards it.
    The ship was __________________for Italy.Also a combining form. ...a Texas-__________ oil freighter. ...homeward-______________ commuters.

La date/heure actuelle est Dim 19 Mai - 11:05